Wednesday, April 30, 2008
I Will Never Be "So Over" Weddings
I have attended 4 weddings in the past 6 weeks, and have come to the following conclusions:
1. It is normal to have a nervous, frozen smile when walking down the aisle. Some where between "why are all these people looking at me" and "where is that dude?"
2. Although my Bible verse knowledge is EXTREMELY limited [read: non-existant], the last line of 1 Corinthians gives me goosebumps. Even in my jaded, sarcastic, cold heart, I am a hopeless romantic.
3. When the bride is about to walk down the aisle, turn and look at the groom's face. My favorite moment.
4. It is impossible to take quiet pictures during a ceremony.
5. Unity candles never work correctly.
6. The Priest/Presider will inevitably always mess up a name somewhere.
7. At the reception, the table closest to the bar is always the fun table. Men know this and make strategic moves to claim that table early on.
8. Champagne should be served every day. It just makes life lovelier.
9. There is always room for wedding cake. And third servings.
10. Dancing to latin music makes white people feel sassy. It's awesome. I love that.
Photos from Wedding #1 - Riques & Carolina
Photos from Wedding #2 - Lindsay & Randy
Photos from Wedding #3 - Brian & Jennifer
Photos from Wedding #4 - David & Michelle
Posted by marysia at 2:39 PM