latest shots

www.flickr.com

Sunday, February 15, 2009

rinse, lather and repeat.

I haven't posted in ages, and my excuses go something like this:

School.
Interviews.
School.
School.
Interviews.
School.
Family.
School.

So overall, not very exciting and news worthy. I have 2 more weeks before I head to San Diego with girlfriends over my spring break. THEN, three weeks later I get a beach house weekend with MORE girl friends. In between, there is the delightful SXSW festival and a couple weddings.

But before those rewards, I will have final exams, ALP Bid Day (consulting project school thing) and second round of interviews with a company that I really really REALLY want to work for, but I have a very slim chance of actually getting the job with (I calculated about 8% chance with a 2.7% standard of deviation - see I can use those financial modeling skills!). It's almost bitter sweet. I know that right now I have all the hope in the world, but it could very possibly (and probably) come crashing down in 2 weeks, and let's just say that handling defeat/rejection/failure are not in my top 3 strong qualities.

Questions I've been asked in interviews lately that made me stutter:

"If you were to do a risk analysis of a natural gas project off the coast of west Australia, and had to present your recommendations to the board, what would you put in the presentation and what metrics would you use?"

"Define 'Operational Excellence' and describe a situation where you've experienced OE."

"Name a policy you disagreed with and how you handled it."

"What are the weaknesses in your communication style?" (my stuttering could have been an obvious response)

See you on the flip side!

1 comment:

SleeplessInSeattle said...

Ugh...those interview questions sound horrible...how do you even answer them!!