latest shots

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Everyone should have a fall break

I have spent the past five days doing a whole lot of sleeping. Naps are my new best friend. I had no idea school was so exhausting. OK, that's a lie, I did. However, when given the opportunity to capitalize on nap time, I did not realize I would abuse it this much.

October is one of two months I enjoy living in Houston. The weather is a tad bit cooler, but still smells of Indian summer. I love the summer - it is by far my favorite season, so the relief from humidity with residual heat doesn't bother me one bit. I revel in it really. Also, the bonus of festival season! Even though the Greek Festival has been postponed to November this year, I can almost smell the spanokopita and loukamades from here...

Thanks to everyone who inquired about my midterms. They went fine overall I think, I'm still waiting on a few grades. I was relatively confident in my performance, although I walked out of my last final a bit disturbed, because for some reason the FIRST QUESTION on the whole test (should be a gimme) was giving me grief. The answer I was calculating didn't seem reasonable no matter how many times I tried it. I finally gave up and wrote a note saying the answer seems to be a bit higher than is reasonable. Of course, ten minutes later, the lights in my brain go on after driving away from campus, I whip out my calculator at the traffic light, and damn it, I figured out the mistake I made right there. Minor curses commenced. Afterwards, there was a direct beeline from our Finance final to the bars to drown our mushy brains further into oblivion. Everyone proceeded to get a wee bit "celebratory", which is always good times. Andrew had a heart-to-heart with my Accounting prof, something to the tune of Andrew requesting a periodic progress report of my grades and PTA meetings, and me wanting to punch him.

2 comments:

SleeplessInSeattle said...

Glad finals went well. Looking for to details from NYC!!

Janet said...

Yeah it's a normal picture of you and me! :)