latest shots

www.flickr.com

Friday, October 21, 2011

The MANicure

There must have been some sort of subtle shift in cultural norms in recent years. I try to go to the salon regularly to take care of my feet (you only get one pair, and mine take a beating); it is my Friday-off indulgence. I have noticed more and more men crowding the salon. At the beginning, I figured it was mostly gay men, but as I sit here next to two dudes, mid-50's, decked out in camo, talking about the hunting trip they'll be partaking in two weeks from now, I'm starting to have my doubts. I am in the salon as we type, and I am the ONLY WOMAN customer of six total.

What happened to the salon demographic while I was snoozing in the massage chair?

Please do not misinterpret me, I am more than happy that men are starting to care for their digits. I like clean feet, and whole-heartedly support a kept-up dude. I'm just loving the new people watching. It's quite entertaining to see the subtle differences in the treatment and behavior of the male clientele, who are obviously regulars.

Rock on with your mani-pedis. Salons could be the new pick-up locale. Single ladies, take note.

No comments: