latest shots

www.flickr.com

Friday, October 28, 2011

Who needs a woodsman?

This morning, I grab Lilly's beautiful handmade (by the sewing genius Mrs. Tina) Red Riding Hood costume for the fall festival at her school. At the end of the day, there is a parade of all the children in their costumes, all cracked out and jittery on sugar, where parents run around like deranged monkeys wielding expensive camera equipment they don't know how to use (I am including myself in this scenario).

My daughter sees her costume, and in her high-pitched-imitating-adults voice, says "it's so cuuuute!". And then immediately looks at me dead-pan and says "Mama I need a sword." Apparently she was picturing a Red Riding Hood more of the self-defense variety.

2 comments:

K-train said...

Luh this! If only u could capture everything the says on tape and then send it to me! Le sigh.

Janet said...

A child after my own heart :)