latest shots

www.flickr.com

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Sentimental Thankfulness: It is the little things that keep me sane(ish)

If you look at my Facebook feed, it is essentially a list of reasons people are thankful, given the upcoming holiday. And while I wouldn't claim that kind of FB dedication, I do support the reflective intent.

I am thankful for a daughter who is such a good eater. I have heard numerous horror stories of 2 year olds who refuse to subsist on anything but mac'n'cheese or PBJ. I want to hope Lilly is improving on her parents, so when she ate BBQ shrimp, couscous with leeks, mushrooms and feta, and finished off with roasted brussel sprout leaves with pecans and Chardonnay raisins for dinner, I can't help be happy she is willing to give it all a shot.

OK,the brussel sprouts were pushing it, but she tried them before picking out only the pecans and raisins. We'll take points where I can get them.



No comments: