latest shots

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Even though the Gods are crazy

I am ashamed to say this, but the new Paris Hilton single, Stars are Blind, is not all together revolting to me. I'm talking about the song, the island-type beat and sound. It's kind of reminiscent in sound of UB40 to me. I loved me some Red Red Wine back in junior high. I can only imagine how much work was done on her voice in production and editing to make it sound good on record.

But the video, that's a whole different story. It is reprehensible, and I mean it in a squirmy, unoriginal, vaguely similar to a certain scandalous video she starred in, kind of way. It is painful for me to watch. I feel for the guy in it with her - what do you think was going through his head as they were shooting the video?

This confession probably cancels out all the hard work I've done to improve my musical taste, doesn't it? Yeah, I thought so.

No comments: