From the MD-MBA students:
- If you pour really cold water in someone's ear, it will render them incapable of walking in a straight line.
- If you spin someone around consistantly for 15 seconds in one direction and then stop them abruptly, their eyeballs will vibrate and flutter back and forth.
From my own observation:
- It is much easier to give a speech you have 2 minutes to prepare in the hallway alone than it is to do it in front of 70 people. And a video camera.
- It takes way too many MBA students to figure out how to open the combination on a campus mailbox.
- Girls generally are more social than boys. I know this sounds like a complete "duh", but seeing it in action was interesting. The women were all meeting each other, making introductions and chatting, while for the most part, the men were more reserved. Maybe because they couldn't get a word in edge-wise. Oops.
- I am below average statistically-speaking in this class. Maybe I should try to shut my mouth and learn.
- Best thing about Rice thus far: On-campus garage parking RIGHT BELOW the MBA building = 2 minute access, car to classroom. If you've made the trek across UT campus daily, this seems like a luxury of epic proportions.
So far, this is totally worth it. Especially because I want to try that cold water in the ear trick. Any volunteers?